Get Active 3x30!
Did you know it only takes a 30 minutes of moderate physical activity three times per week to improve your health and wellbeing? Whatever your age, size or ability, it is never too late. There are 10,080 minutes in a week so find 3x30 to get active!
If you can’t do 30 minutes of physical activity in one go, break it down into 10 minute slots and increase the length of time gradually.
Moderate physical activity increases your breathing rate, and slightly increases your body temperature. Have fun! Dancing, swimming or yoga are all great ways to meet people and try something new. You could challenge your friends and family to a game of football. Short for time – simply walk!
If you have any medical concerns regarding physical activity please speak to you GP before beginning.
What are benefits of getting active?
• you can have fun and meet new people
• you can learn new skills
• you can increase your energy levels and confidence
• you can reduce stress levels and sleep better
• it will help you to manage your weight
• you will have improved, mobility, flexibility, strength, stamina and balance
• it will help you to prevent and manage medical conditions like type II diabetes
Where can I get active?
Who can help me to get active